This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how negotiations impact the organizations and ourselves. Reflect on the different outcomes that can be achieved through negotiation and understand which outcomes are acceptable for the intended objectives. Finally, participants reflect on the influencing process and how one can achieve things without having authority or power.
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. After a brief introduction, participants are given 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves and practice their presentation and communication skills (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define negotiation and influencing stages and how to do so effectively.
- Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalization, and active listening.
- Understand individuals and organizations (attitude, behavior, and culture). What each party expects, dealing with emotions, and resistance.
- Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge.
- Understand communication strategies, effectiveness in communicating, verbal and nonverbal
- Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts, and approaching others for help.
- Understand interpersonal skills: the importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
- Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, win-win outcomes.
- Understand how to use BAPNA, ZOPA, negotiation canvas, and other tools and strategies.
- Understand how communication and presentation skills empower your negotiation abilities.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no examination for this course
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, Youtube, etc., and share your experience with our Conflict Management Training.
- 2 day or 16 hours workshop conducted by Experience instructors
- Real-world simulations and hands-on exercises for learning reinforcement
- Lifetime free access to our e-learning modules
- Course completion certificate
- 16 PDUs to maintain the credentials
Exam And Certification
After the class, participants will be given a course Completion Certificate from Trainerkart. They will receive a soft copy of the certificate by email.
Negotiation Skills Training FAQ:
Do you provide a money-back guarantee for the training programs?
We do provide a money-back guarantee for some of our training programs. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do you provide any course completion certificates?
Yes, we offer a course completion certificate after you successfully complete the training program.
Do you provide any group discounts for online training programs?
Yes, we have group discount packages for online training programs. Contact email@example.com to know more about the group discounts.
Is there any refund in case I want to cancel the class?
Please visit our Refund and Cancellation Policy pages for more details.
- Becoming a Better Negotiator
- Communication Skills for Effective Negotiations: Silence, Active Listening, Paraphrasing
- Presentation Skills for Better Negotiation Outcomes: Clarity, Persuasiveness, Confidence
- Video: Watch: A Brief History of Communication – Conclusions
- Video: The Negotiator and the Multi-Stakeholder Dialog
- Importance and Main Tips on Nonverbal Communication – Body Language
- Video: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are – Discussion
- The Negotiator’s Mindset, Beliefs, Abilities, and Qualities
- Questioning Oneself
- Video: The Walk From No to Yes – Discussion
- Opponents’ Views and Company Drivers
- Best Negotiation Location, Seating,
- What NOT to Do
- Exercise/Roleplay: The 4 Cards Game
- Negotiation Canvas
- Understanding the Methodology
- Think, Feel, See, Hear, Say and Do
- Giving and Taking
- Points of Interest
- Plan B (Key Arguments and Drawbacks)
BATNA and ZOPA
- BATNA – Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement Intro
- Example/Roleplay: Selling a Car
- ZOPA – Zone of Possible Agreement or “bargaining range” Intro
- Example/Role Play: Overcoming a Negative Bargaining Zone
- Defining Negotiation Success
- Criteria to Evaluate/Measure Success and Effectiveness
- Exercise/Role Play: Hand Shaking
- Maintaining a Continued Positive Relationship
Influence and persuasion
- General Overview
- Positive and Negative Ways to Influence
- Open Discussion: Sun vs Wind Tale
- Video: Perception and Persuasion
- Video: The Science of Persuasion
Introduction to Communication and Presentation skills
- Communication Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Connecting Strangers
- Presentation Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Words Clearly Spoken and Silence
- Video TED: How to Sound Smart – View and Discuss
There are no reviews yet.