SAFe Lean Portfolio Management is a three-day interactive course that includes a one-day Getting Started with LPM workshop. In this course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.”
*** Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam ***
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Why Lean Portfolio Management?
Organizations that focus on defining projects that span more than a year often get stuck in situations where teams are incentivized to meet out-of-date project goals, instead of delivering value early or seeking early feedback on market-fit. Lean portfolio management methods help organizations:
- Shift the operations focus to delivering incremental value at shorter cadences for larger initiatives.
- Leverage the cadences to achieve shorter feedback loops. Feedback collected via internal teams, external focus groups, customers, or end users helps measure progress towards the organization’s target outcomes.
- Ruthlessly apply the feedback to reinvest in ideas that produce good outcomes and downshift on ideas that do not produce good outcomes and downshift on ideas that do not.
Lean Portfolio Management, informed by lean principles and built through a better understanding of customer value (and how to deliver it quickly), remedies some common pain points in large organizations.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What the participants get :
- Attendee PDF workbook (Digital)
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Earn 24 PDUs and 24 SEUs
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owner
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 32/45 (71%)
- Competency level: Foundational difficulty; Competent, some knowledge or experience; can perform tasks with assistance
- Question format: Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Languages offered: English
- Cost: First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion
There are no reviews yet.