DevOps Certification Training: Overview
Join our 4-day DevOps Training and become a master in Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Monitoring using popular DevOps tools such as Git, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, and Nagios.
In this comprehensive training, you will learn to automate various steps in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), equipping you with the essential skills to excel in the dynamic field of DevOps.
DevOps Certification Training is designed to help you become a DevOps practitioner. During this course, our expert DevOps instructors will help you:
- Understand DevOps Ecosystem
- Learn about automatic Source Code Management using GIT and Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Understand, Build and Test Automation: how to build an appropriate delivery pipeline and perform test automation on it
- Understand Containerization using Docker: identify the difference between containers and VMs
- Master Docker Commands and Use-cases: deals with the various networking concepts in Docker, the best way to use the Docker Volume, and creating Docker file
- Master Puppet: learn Configuration management and “Infrastructure-as-Code”. You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalog compilation in Puppet
- Learn Continuous Monitoring using Nagios: integrate Jenkins, Docker, and Puppet, and learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components
- Execute a live Project
Along with the above-mentioned topics, to help you master the most popular DevOps tools, you will also receive 2 additional self-paced courses including presentations, class recordings, assignments, solutions for the following tools:
- Chef – Covers Introduction, Building the Cook Book, Node Object & Search, Data-bags, Chef environment, Roles, Deploying Nodes in Production, and using the Open Source Chef Server.
- Ansible – Covers Introduction, Setup & Configuration, Ansible Playbooks, 37 Ansible Modules, Different Roles, and Command Line usage.
- 4-days of classroom / Online training by Certified instructors
- 32 hours of Instructor-led training
- Lifetime access to the courseware
- Highly Experienced Instructors
- 24/7 customer support
- Weekend batches are conducted over 6 weekends (Unlimited batch access)
About the Course
DevOps Certification Training is designed to make you a certified practitioner by providing you with hands-on training on DevOps tools and sharing DevOps best practices about Continuous Development, Continuous Testing, Configuration Management, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, and finally Continuous Monitoring of the software throughout its development life cycle.
Exam And Certification
You have to separately apply for the DevOps Exam. Our training Fee does not include the exam fee.
Trainerkart Certification Process:
- Once you are successfully through the project (Reviewed by a Trainerkart expert), you will be awarded Trainerkart’s DevOps certificate.
- Trainerkart certification has industry recognition and we are the preferred training partner for many MNCs. Please be assured.
Course Agenda: DevOps Certification Training
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn the reasons for the evolution of DevOps, what is DevOps, the various skills and market trends in DevOps, introduction to the delivery pipeline in DevOps, and the DevOps ecosystem.
Topics: Why DevOps? What is DevOps? DevOps Market Trends, DevOps Engineer Skills, DevOps Delivery Pipeline, DevOps Ecosystem, Trainerkart Use Case.
Practical to be covered: Sample use-case for using DevOps practice in Trainerkart.
Build tools – GIT and Jenkins
Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn about automatic Source Code Management using GIT and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
Topics-Introduction to VCS and GIT,GIT File workflow, Important GIT Commands, Introduction to Continuous Integration and Jenkins, Plugin Management in Jenkins, Various scenarios of Building Delivery Pipeline.
Practical to be covered: Show the various GIT commands to push and pull a repository, Understanding of the Jenkins UI
Build and Test Automation
Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn how to build an appropriate delivery pipeline and perform test automation on it. You can also understand the various security options and notification management in Jenkins.
Topics-Build Setup in Jenkins, Test Automation, Security in Jenkins, Notification System.
Practical to be covered: Create a build pipeline from compilation to deployment of application.
Containerization using Docker
Learning Objectives: This module will help you identify the difference between containers and VMs. You can learn about virtualization using Docker. You can also deep dive into image and containers concept in Docker.
Topics: What and Why of Containers, Introduction to Docker, Docker Fundamentals, Image Distribution, Docker Containers.
Practical to be covered: Create First Image: Hello-World, Images Demo b Image Basics and Base Image Maintenance, Containers Demo b Manage Container, Create Images From Containers.
Docker Commands and Use-cases
Learning Objectives: This module deals with the various networking concepts in Docker, the best way to use the Docker Volume, and creating a Docker file.
Topics: Docker Networking, Docker Volumes, Docker Files.
Practical to be covered: Exposing Container Ports to the Host, Adding Content to Containers, Create Docker File.
Learning Objectives: This module introduces you to an important topic called “Infrastructure -as-Code”. You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalog compilation in Puppet. You will also learn to write a Puppet program using Puppet DSL.
Topics: Puppet Introduction, Puppet Architecture, Basic Puppet Terminologies, Puppet Language Constructs.
Practical to be covered: Show the folder structure in Puppet master and client, Install Apache Tomcat, Install JDK.
Learning Objectives: This module is a deep dive into the Puppet module and helps you learn how to install modules from a third-party tool. You can also learn about node classification using hiera and ENC, Puppet environment structure and configuration, various kinds of puppet classes and puppet template.
Topics: Puppet Modules, Node Classification, Puppet Environment, Puppet Classes, Puppet Template.
Practical to be covered: Write code for DEV to use Java/Tomcat 8 and PROD to use Java/Tomcat 7, Illustrate overriding of a tomcat application, Create a template for tomcat configuration file.
Continuous Monitoring using Nagios
Learning Objectives: This module helps you integrate Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, and create an application using them. You can also learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components.
Topics: Combining Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, Introduction to Nagios, Nagios Plugins, Nagios Objects, Nagios Commands, Nagios Notification.
Practical to be covered: Configure Nagios to monitor Web server, Remove Tomcat container, Nagios server config and modify puppet script to automatically add web server to list of servers to be monitored.